POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.7 beta 30 Win64? Server Time
7 Jul 2024 06:55:23 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.7 beta 30 Win64? (Message 1 to 10 of 27)
From: dkanter
Subject: POV-Ray 3.7 beta 30 Win64?
Date: 15 Mar 2009 18:20:00
Message: <web.49bd7e4293d9f0de7b13894a0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've posted a while back about availability issues of older Betas, and I'd like
to bring it up again.

I run www.realworldtech.com and I like to use POVRay to benchmark workstation
and server systems.  I currently have a 2 socket Nehalem system that I'd like
to compare with the prior generation and then publish the results *soon*
(before April).  Here are some examples of prior work:

http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cfm?ArticleID=RWT110907063310&p=4

To do a reasonable comparison, I need a multithreaded version of POV-Ray, since
it's a 2P/8-core/16-thread system.

Unfortunately as a prior poster noted, 3.7 beta 31 is not available for win64.
That's fine - I certainly understand that as volunteers, there is a limit to
what you can do in your spare time.

However, I cannot wait till beta 32 comes out (since that will probably be the
middle of April), so I'd like to get my hands on beta 30 for win64.  I don't
want support, since I'm sure the benchmark test will run without crashing.
Could Chris or someone email me the needed files?

I'd really like to continue using POVRay to benchmark, as I think it adds value
for my readers, and it certainly is valuable for POV Ray users.

Also - I tried emailing several of the TAG group folks, and the emails mostly
bounced (2/3).  It might be helpful for users if in-active TAG emails were
removed from the website.

David

Post a reply to this message