POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.7 beta 30 Win64? : Re: POV-Ray 3.7 beta 30 Win64? Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:34:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.7 beta 30 Win64?
From: Chambers
Date: 16 Mar 2009 21:13:45
Message: <49bef949$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/16/2009 7:37 AM, clipka wrote:
> Chambers<ben### [at] pacificwebguycom>  wrote:
>> Fair enough.  Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you can't use the
>> 32 bit builds?  They run just fine under Vista x64, and should be OK
>> under XP if that's what you're using.
>
> Hum... benchmarking 64-bit systems with a 32-bit app? Doesn't seem to make much
> sense to me. Sure, they will run, but will the results say anything about
> 64-bit performace?

If what you want to do is compare different 64 bit systems to each
other, then it's possible that this will suit your needs completely.
Especially considering that the major bottleneck in POV is the double
precision FPU, which is the same either in 32 or 64 bit mode.

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com