POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Compile errors with VS 2005 on Windows XP Server Time
29 Jul 2024 17:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Compile errors with VS 2005 on Windows XP (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: madiyaan damha
Subject: Re: Compile errors with VS 2005 on Windows XP
Date: 1 Mar 2009 22:45:01
Message: <web.49ab5578b38cce3ec0e1dc100@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "madiyaan damha" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I did not install the platform SDK by myself. Some other application might
> > have installed it.
>
> Visual Studio did I guess; just wanted to make sure you didn't overwrite the
> thing that came with VS with a different SDK version.
>
> > I am using Visual Studio 2005 (no service pack installed). Should I install
> > SP1 for Visual Studio and then give it a try?
>
> Probably, yes.
>
> > Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
> > Version 8.0.50727.42  (RTM.050727-4200)
>
> Same here.
>
> > Microsoft .NET Framework
> > Version 2.0.50727
>
> "2.0.50727 SP1" here.
>
> > Installed Edition: Professional
>
> "Standard" here.
>
> > Microsoft Visual C++ 2005   77626-009-0000007-41098
> > Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
>
> "77633-235-7976321-41179" here.
>
> > In my environment, I have added boost's include path directly into VS 2005
> > include directories and BOOST_ROOT is also set to the same path.
>
> Can you run "set" in a command window and post the output so we can have a look
> whether there are any peculiarities about your environment variables?

Thank you again for your quick reply.

Here is the output of set when I type it in VS 2005 command prompt (not the
regular command prompt).

I highly appreciate you looking into this matter.

Regards,

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\vc\bin>set
ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data
BOOST_ROOT=C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_37
CLIENTNAME=Console
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=EVEREST
ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
DevEnvDir=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
FrameworkDir=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
FrameworkSDKDir=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0
FrameworkVersion=v2.0.50727
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Documents and Settings\Administrator
INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ATLMFC\INCLUDE;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\INCLUDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Stu
dio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0
\include;
LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ATLMFC\LIB;C:\Program Files\Mi
crosoft Visual Studio 8\VC\LIB;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\Pla
tformSDK\lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\lib;
LIBPATH=C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
 Visual Studio 8\VC\ATLMFC\LIB
LOGONSERVER=\\EVEREST
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Mic
rosoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7
\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\bin;C:\Program F
iles\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Vis
ual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;C:\Progr
am Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCPackages;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=1706
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS
TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
TMP=C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
USERDOMAIN=EVEREST
USERNAME=Administrator
USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
VCINSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC
VS80COMNTOOLS=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\
VSINSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8
WecVersionForRosebud.26C=2
windir=C:\WINDOWS
_ACP_ATLPROV=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\Bin\ATLProv.dll
_ACP_INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include;C:\Program Fi
les\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\atlmfc\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visua
l Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK
\v2.0\include;C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_37
_ACP_LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib;C:\Program Files\Micr
osoft Visual Studio 8\VC\atlmfc\lib;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\V
C\atlmfc\lib\i386;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\lib;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\lib;C:\Program Files\Microso
ft Visual Studio 8\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\lib
_ACP_PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin;C:\Program Files\Mic
rosoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Stud
io 8\Common7\Tools\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\tools;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\ide;C:\Program Files\HTML Hel
p Workshop;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\bin;C:\WINDOWS\Mi
crosoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\;C:\
Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\SDK\v2.0\bin;C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64;;C:\WI
NDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQ
L Server\90\Tools\binn\

Post a reply to this message

> > I did not install the platform SDK by myself. Some other application might
> > have installed it.
>
> Visual Studio did I guess; just wanted to make sure you didn't overwrite the
> thing that came with VS with a different SDK version.
>
> > I am using Visual Studio 2005 (no service pack installed). Should I install
> > SP1 for Visual Studio and then give it a try?
>
> Probably, yes.
>
> > Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
> > Version 8.0.50727.42  (RTM.050727-4200)
>
> Same here.
>
> > Microsoft .NET Framework
> > Version 2.0.50727
>
> "2.0.50727 SP1" here.
>
> > Installed Edition: Professional
>
> "Standard" here.
>
> > Microsoft Visual C++ 2005   77626-009-0000007-41098
> > Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
>
> "77633-235-7976321-41179" here.
>
> > In my environment, I have added boost's include path directly into VS 2005
> > include directories and BOOST_ROOT is also set to the same path.
>
> Can you run "set" in a command window and post the output so we can have a look
> whether there are any peculiarities about your environment variables?

Sorry about the double post. Just want to let you know that I am currently
downloading VS 2005 SP1 and will install it after it gets done. I will post
here again after trying to compile with VS 2005 SP1.

Regards,

Post a reply to this message

> > > I did not install the platform SDK by myself. Some other application might
> > > have installed it.
> >
> > Visual Studio did I guess; just wanted to make sure you didn't overwrite the
> > thing that came with VS with a different SDK version.
> >
> > > I am using Visual Studio 2005 (no service pack installed). Should I install
> > > SP1 for Visual Studio and then give it a try?
> >
> > Probably, yes.
> >
> > > Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
> > > Version 8.0.50727.42  (RTM.050727-4200)
> >
> > Same here.
> >
> > > Microsoft .NET Framework
> > > Version 2.0.50727
> >
> > "2.0.50727 SP1" here.
> >
> > > Installed Edition: Professional
> >
> > "Standard" here.
> >
> > > Microsoft Visual C++ 2005   77626-009-0000007-41098
> > > Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
> >
> > "77633-235-7976321-41179" here.
> >
> > > In my environment, I have added boost's include path directly into VS 2005
> > > include directories and BOOST_ROOT is also set to the same path.
> >
> > Can you run "set" in a command window and post the output so we can have a look
> > whether there are any peculiarities about your environment variables?
>
> Sorry about the double post. Just want to let you know that I am currently
> downloading VS 2005 SP1 and will install it after it gets done. I will post
> here again after trying to compile with VS 2005 SP1.
>
> Regards,

I am seeing the same errors with VS 2005 SP1. Is there something obviously
missing or wrong with my environment?

Post a reply to this message