POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Compile errors with VS 2005 on Windows XP : Re: Compile errors with VS 2005 on Windows XP Server Time
29 Jul 2024 19:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile errors with VS 2005 on Windows XP
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 29 Mar 2009 18:28:17
Message: <49cff601$1@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:

> Anyway seems like it starts compiling ok now!

Ok everything was built fine so I confirm that using boost
from http://www.povray.org/beta/source/boost_3.7_win32.zip
instead of the official 1.37 solves the problem.

Also, I'm happy to confirm that apart from the above problem
beta 31 compiles with Visual C++ Express 2005 without any need
for changes to the project files. I just set BOOST_ROOT, and
I already had the Platform SDK.

BTW, iline 328 in pvtext.cpp caused a debug assertion during startup

only accepts values between -1 an 0xFF, but char is signed). The
character is not printed. A cast to (unsigned char) prevents the
debug assertion. Removing the isprint test actually caused
the character to be printed correctly.