POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Compile errors with VS 2005 on Windows XP : Re: Compile errors with VS 2005 on Windows XP Server Time
8 Oct 2024 00:49:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compile errors with VS 2005 on Windows XP
From: Chris Cason
Date: 10 Mar 2009 08:26:37
Message: <49b65c7d@news.povray.org>
madiyaan damha wrote:
> I downloaded povray source code for windows and am trying to build it on windows
> xp using visual studio 2005. I installed boost 1.37 using boostpro's installer.
>
> I am getting the following errors while building the unmodified source code:

Don't know if this is any help being you posted a week ago, but the
messages you show are typical of what happens when the windows headers are
pulled into the main POV source in the wrong place. Some of the boost
headers have an annoying habit of including windows.h (unavoidable I
suppose but meh). That said you should not get different results than us,
so I can't say whether or not it's boost at fault.

What I do in circumstances like this is turn on the 'show include files'
option in the Visual Studio options for the povcore project, compile one of
the files that generates the errors, then look for where the windows.h is
coming from.

Please let me know if you resolve this.

-- Chris