POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.beta.12a available. Server Time
28 Mar 2024 21:55:44 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray v3.7.beta.12a available. (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.12a available.
Date: 29 Mar 2006 06:10:17
Message: <442a6b19@news.povray.org>
POV-Ray 3.7.beta.12a is available from http://www.povray.org/beta/. This is a
small update to beta 12 which provides significant improvement for BSP trees
on large scenes, as well as fixing a problem with missing objects. For most
scenes, the BSP tree should now provide faster renders than the default BVH.

Additionally support for the new render window has been removed, at least for
now, due to the previously-mentioned performance issues. This also means that
the EXE should work on Windows 95 again.

Changes between 3.7.beta.12 and 3.7.beta.12a

Fixed issue with BSP that caused long build times on large trees.
Changed default BSP child access cost to 5.0 (was 1.5).
Fixed issue with BSP trees that would cause some objects to vanish.
Added an optimization which speeds up BSP renders.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

You can load the appropiate DLL at runtime to execute
SetLayeredWindowAttributes if a Windows 2000 or better OS is found.
Therefore, is users use POV under Win98/Win95 it wouldn't load the
function.

> POV-Ray 3.7.beta.12a is available from http://www.povray.org/beta/. This is a
> small update to beta 12 which provides significant improvement for BSP trees
> on large scenes, as well as fixing a problem with missing objects. For most
> scenes, the BSP tree should now provide faster renders than the default BVH.
>
> Additionally support for the new render window has been removed, at least for
> now, due to the previously-mentioned performance issues. This also means that
> the EXE should work on Windows 95 again.
>
> Changes between 3.7.beta.12 and 3.7.beta.12a
>
> Fixed issue with BSP that caused long build times on large trees.
> Changed default BSP child access cost to 5.0 (was 1.5).
> Fixed issue with BSP trees that would cause some objects to vanish.
> Added an optimization which speeds up BSP renders.
>
> -- Chris

Post a reply to this message