POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.beta.12a available. : Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.12a available. Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:05:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.12a available.
From: LoneStar
Date: 30 Mar 2006 15:15:01
Message: <web.442c3c3cccb62fd8c7294af50@news.povray.org>
Something that changed between 11c and 12a (didn't get to 12 in time) broke
balcony.pov - the glass is now full of clear liquid instead of purple...

Don't know quite what could cause that, but didn't see anything listed in
the changes nor known issues that jumped out at me about it.  I've tried
with a few different combinations of settings (like AA on / off, the new
B2, etc) and it's the same each time.

Warp had mentioned a problem with bwstripe.pov, which is wow very different,
but I don't have a copy of 11c around anymore to tell whether it's a
difference between 3.6 and 3.7 in general or just 7.11 and 7.12; the liquid
in the glass though is definitely different between 11c and 12a, though.

Just noticed that wineglass.pov renders differently too, though the color is
still present in the liquid.  The checkerboard pattern is reversed (white
and black squares are switched).  Weird.