POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC6 win: backspace problem Server Time
29 Apr 2024 13:58:29 EDT (-0400)
  RC6 win: backspace problem (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Friedrich Lohmueller
Subject: RC6 win: backspace problem
Date: 17 Sep 2012 05:58:42
Message: <5056f452$1@news.povray.org>
using POV-Ray 3.7 RC6 64bit for Windows
I have problems in the POV-Ray editor with 'backspace':

When using backspace at the beginning of a line
it does not only kill the return/line feed but also
everything of the line what's beneath the upper line.

Sample: (here '|' is used for the current cursor position!)

//--------------------------------------
texture { pigment{ Red }
|         normal { bumps 0.5 scale 0.1 }
//--------------------------------------

hitting backspace results in:
//--------------------------------------
texture { pigment{ Red }| 0.5 scale 0.1 }
//--------------------------------------

and not as expected:
//--------------------------------------
texture { pigment{ Red }|         normal { bumps 0.5 scale 0.1 }

with 3.6.2 and with RC3 (latest old beta I found on my computers)
this was no problem!

Can anybody confirm this strange behavior or
help me, if I'm too stupid for resolving this problem?

Friedrich

homepage: http://www.f-lohmueller.de/

Post a reply to this message