POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Calling a macro in layered texture Server Time
2 Jul 2024 10:55:08 EDT (-0400)
  Calling a macro in layered texture (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Calling a macro in layered texture
Date: 29 Jan 2010 08:29:08
Message: <4b62e2a4@news.povray.org>
I wonder if this is a bug or not. Happens as well in 3.7 as in 3.6:

The following code works fine:

#declare MyTex =
texture{ pigment {color GammaColor(<0.83,0.83,0.83>,Gamma) }}
texture{ pigment{uv_mapping p_map16 transmit  0.17}}

The following gives a parse error stating that it cannot find the closing
pigment brace but finds a macro identifier instead:

#declare MyTex =
texture{ pigment{uv_mapping p_map16 }}
texture{ pigment {color GammaColor(<0.83,0.83,0.83>,Gamma) transmit  0.17}}

What do you think? If not a bug, why does this happen?

Thomas

Post a reply to this message