POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Calling a macro in layered texture : Re: Calling a macro in layered texture Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:31:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calling a macro in layered texture
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Feb 2010 04:55:35
Message: <4b66a517$1@news.povray.org>
Sorrry for not answering immediately, but I had a hardware problem....

The macro returns a 3 component vector:

#macro GammaColor (Color,Gamma)
  rgb <pow(Color.red,Gamma),pow(Color.green,Gamma),pow(Color.blue,Gamma)>
#end

Somehow, I got it to work now correctly - I don't know exactly how - but I
guess that I had a kind of conflict of interest. I discovered that I called
the macro twice and that may (?) have caused the problem... It is a bit
frustrating that I cannot put exactly the finger on the sore spot, so to
say... :(

Thanks a lot anyway, to Kenneth, Thorsten and Alain for their comments. They
helped me to think less muddy :)

Thomas