POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 31: Crackle problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Beta 31: Crackle problem (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: Carlo C
Subject: Beta 31: Crackle problem
Date: 2 Mar 2009 12:05:00
Message: <web.49ac1119c6617c17cc3c8ce00@news.povray.org>
file tested: crackle1.pov (in 3.7 include textures/patterns)

Artefacts vary chaotically under the parameters of the pigment/normal.

Image: (an example outlined in a sphere)
http://news.povray.org/web.49ac1032b91aab71cc3c8ce00%40news.povray.org

:-)

--
Carlo

Post a reply to this message

> file tested: crackle1.pov (in 3.7 include textures/patterns)
>
> Artefacts vary chaotically under the parameters of the pigment/normal.

I have run into these artifacts as well. I'm using beta 30. Here's some
more code:

camera{
  orthographic
  location y*10
  look_at 0
  right x up y
}

plane{
  y,0
  pigment{crackle scale .05}
  finish{ambient 1}
}

I suppose I should have written a bug report. Thanks Carlos ;)

Sam

Post a reply to this message

> > file tested: crackle1.pov (in 3.7 include textures/patterns)
> >
> > Artefacts vary chaotically under the parameters of the pigment/normal.
>
> I have run into these artifacts as well. I'm using beta 30. Here's some
> more code:
>
> I suppose I should have written a bug report. Thanks Carlos ;)
>
> Sam

When I was little someone called me "Don Carlos", but unfortunately the "Don"
and the "s" does not suit me, because unfortunately I am Italian.
:-D

--
Carlo

Post a reply to this message

> file tested: crackle1.pov (in 3.7 include textures/patterns)
>
> Artefacts vary chaotically under the parameters of the pigment/normal.
>
> Image: (an example outlined in a sphere)
> http://news.povray.org/web.49ac1032b91aab71cc3c8ce00%40news.povray.org

Could some folks please try:

  http://www.povray.org/temp/pvengine32-sse2.zip

and check for (a) crackle problems, and (b) crackle speed compared with
past versions?

thanks,

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> > file tested: crackle1.pov (in 3.7 include textures/patterns)
> >
> > Artefacts vary chaotically under the parameters of the pigment/normal.
> >
> > Image: (an example outlined in a sphere)
> > http://news.povray.org/web.49ac1032b91aab71cc3c8ce00%40news.povray.org
>
> Could some folks please try:
>
>   http://www.povray.org/temp/pvengine32-sse2.zip
>
> and check for (a) crackle problems, and (b) crackle speed compared with
> past versions?
>
> thanks,
>
> -- Chris

We can have the standard 32-bit?