POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Why is Povray 3.7 for Windows installed in such a stupid place? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Why is Povray 3.7 for Windows installed in such a stupid place? (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: Rarius
Subject: Why is Povray 3.7 for Windows installed in such a stupid place?
Date: 4 Jan 2009 11:49:17
Message: <4960e88d$1@news.povray.org>
Why is POVRay for Windows 3.7 now being installed into C:\Documents and
Settings\Username\Application Data\POV-Ray\v3.7\ ?

As I regularly build very large datasets with POV, I have always
installed my POVRay into a secondary harddrive (D:). Now it appears with
the current Beta installers I get no control over where it is installed.
I now have two competing POV directory structures!

Is this a temporary situation for the Betas or is it the future scheme
for 3.7... if so why?

Rarius

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iso-8859-1' (2 KB)

"Rarius" <rar### [at] rariuscouk> wrote:
> Why is POVRay for Windows 3.7 now being installed into C:\Documents and
> Settings\Username\Application Data\POV-Ray\v3.7\ ?
>
> As I regularly build very large datasets with POV, I have always
> installed my POVRay into a secondary harddrive (D:). Now it appears with
> the current Beta installers I get no control over where it is installed.

Can't you just move it elsewhere after installed?  This is why I like zip
packages best rather than installers...

Post a reply to this message