POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : merge working like union Server Time
23 Apr 2024 23:37:03 EDT (-0400)
  merge working like union (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Slime
Subject: merge working like union
Date: 18 Apr 2005 21:17:47
Message: <42645c3b@news.povray.org>
It seems that the merge{} structure doesn't elliminate internal surfaces as
it should; see this scene:

camera {
 location -10*z
 look_at z
}
merge {
 sphere {x,2}
 sphere {-x,2}
 pigment {rgbt .9}
 finish {ambient 1}
}

Manually constructing the merge doesn't work either:

intersection {
 sphere {x,2 inverse}
 sphere {-x,2 inverse}
 pigment {rgbt .9}
 finish {ambient 1}
 inverse
}

Although if you remove the final 'inverse,' you do get the inverse of the
result you want.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message