POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : merge working like union : Re: merge working like union Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:43:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: merge working like union
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 19 Apr 2005 14:16:01
Message: <42654ae1$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
> Yeah... the last time I looked at the source code I thought I saw some
> merge-specific code in there, so I figured there might be some optimization
> going on and they weren't exactly the same internally.

Well,one thing that was noticed while cleaning up plenty of CSG code (it was
very obfuscated) was that many "optimisations" were just workaround that
worked around workarounds of things that were actual design deficiencies.
So all those were cleaned out, which resulted in several new bugs (which was
not unexpected) and also exposed some other design problems the in the way
CSG objects are created and implemented.

	Thorsten