POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : merge working like union : Re: merge working like union Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:03:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: merge working like union
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 19 Apr 2005 13:47:51
Message: <42654447@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
> It seems that the merge{} structure doesn't elliminate internal surfaces as
> it should; see this scene:

Indeed, it looks like inner intersections are not properly eliminated
somewhere.  We are working to fix this in the next beta (if possible).

> Manually constructing the merge doesn't work either:

This is not surprising because internally both your "manual" and your
"automatic" approach produce the exact same result.  That is, and "inverse"
of CSG operation (depending on type) is equal directly specifying the other
CSG operation.

	Thorsten