POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Re: Interesting bug in Win, memory leak Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting bug in Win, memory leak (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: ABX
Subject: Re: Interesting bug in Win, memory leak
Date: 8 Apr 2004 03:53:04
Message: <gd0a70lk1cicva03djlvdv9qecbb2roh48@4ax.com>
On 8 Apr 2004 03:31:42 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> Interesting - this spot is beeing in different position in each render
> (with same source !) so it is some kind of memory-leek or uninitialized
> variable

Would you like to be a little more precise about version you are talking
about? Later you are saying that you couldn't use 3.6 beta and at the same
paragraph you say you used something different than 3.6 so... is this report
about 3.6 beta (nth), 3.5 or 3.1? I suppose 3.6 too and since only this
version can be fixed then follow-up set.

> (btw You dont use tools like Electric Fance to debug?).

What you mean ? http://www.google.com/search?q=Electric+Fance+debug isn't very
helpful. I'm sure being experienced programmer you already know there are
plenty of debugging tools for different platfroms including memory guards in
POV-Ray itself.

> It seems like Linux version dont have that problem..... I would test if Pov
> 3.6 for linux do have it but.... someone desided that it's time for
> expiration

What you mean ? Current expiration time was set to middle of april IIRC.

> Above bug exists in pov 3.6 beta (with Im able to test with little help of
> hacking ;)

What hacking do you mean ?

ABX

Post a reply to this message