POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Re: Interesting bug in Win, memory leak : Re: Interesting bug in Win, memory leak Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interesting bug in Win, memory leak
From: Chris Cason
Date: 9 Apr 2004 11:50:18
Message: <4076c63a@news.povray.org>
"Jim Kress" <pov### [at] kressworkscom> wrote:
> Ouch!

yep, it may seem harsh, but frankly I'm tired of the complaints. He's the
only beta tester that I can recall who not only openly admits (some might
even say 'boasts') about (in his words) 'hacking' the betas to extend expiry,
but *then* goes on to complain about bugs in the expired version!!!

he is well aware (and has been told) that the purpose of the expiry is to
prevent this exact thing. yet he does it anyway.

while the team does appreciate the input of beta testers, this particular
case has just got me too annoyed to allow it to continue to the NEXT expiry!

-- Chris