POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crash on starting 3.6 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:17 EDT (-0400)
  Crash on starting 3.6 (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Subject: Crash on starting 3.6
Date: 12 Feb 2004 14:15:52
Message: <402bd0e8@news.povray.org>
I can no longer get 3.6 to startup

I get a message box with

"Backend thread system failed to complete init" in the title bar and "
message handling subsystem in the body of the box.

Mick

 AMD xp1800 WinXP 512 ram

Mick

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: Crash on starting 3.6
Date: 13 Feb 2004 08:07:49
Message: <402ccc25@news.povray.org>
"Mick Hazelgrove" <mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote in message
> I can no longer get 3.6 to startup
>
> I get a message box with
>
> "Backend thread system failed to complete init" in the title bar and "
> message handling subsystem in the body of the box.

Was it working for you before ?

Post a reply to this message

From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 13 Feb 2004 18:30:04
Message: <402d5dfc@news.povray.org>
Yes, It was working well - I shut Pov down but not the computer and when I
attempted to restart it failed I unistalled Pov and reinstalled it but to no
avail.

Mick

> Yes, It was working well - I shut Pov down but not the computer and when I
> attempted to restart it failed I unistalled Pov and reinstalled it but to no
> avail.

Have you rebooted the PC since ?

Post a reply to this message