POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crash on starting 3.6 : Re: Crash on starting 3.6 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crash on starting 3.6
From: Hughes, B
Date: 14 Feb 2004 08:44:58
Message: <402e265a$1@news.povray.org>
"Mick Hazelgrove" <mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote in message

> > Have you rebooted the PC since ?
>
> yes - still crashes could it be anything to do with MS's latest security
> patch as it was working fine until I installed the patch.

I'm using WinXP HE, always up to date, nothing happening like this.

Have you checked to see if the options for Online Operations could be the
problem then? And since POV-Ray won't run I'd guess you can make changes to
that from the ini\pvengine.ini file. Looks like the following lines would be
set to zero:

CheckNewVersion=1
CheckNews=1
SendSystemInfo=1

I'm sure Chris could tell you if that's a good idea or not, but it sure
would be my first guess.

Bob H.