POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Save Always = for now Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:45 EDT (-0400)
  Save Always = for now (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Jonathan Wooldridge
Subject: Save Always = for now
Date: 12 Jun 2002 23:56:15
Message: <3d0817df$1@news.povray.org>
Every time I start POV-Ray, and go to render a file, a dialog box comes up
asking "Do you wish to save This file, All Files, No Files? [x]-always "

I check save always option, and yet it forgets this setting between runs,
and I have to do it again, every time.

Could you please save this setting somewhere more permanent?
Thanks

Post a reply to this message

By "forgetting between runs", I mean exiting the program.

"Jonathan Wooldridge" <jwo### [at] attbicom> wrote in message
> Every time I start POV-Ray, and go to render a file, a dialog box comes up
> asking "Do you wish to save This file, All Files, No Files? [x]-always "
>
> I check save always option, and yet it forgets this setting between runs,
> and I have to do it again, every time.
>
> Could you please save this setting somewhere more permanent?
> Thanks

Post a reply to this message

IIRC It's not a bug, it's a feature. And older Pov behaved exactly the same
way.

(Although I did not find that in the docs... I probably missed it.)

Povingly,

Philippe

> By "forgetting between runs", I mean exiting the program.
>
> "Jonathan Wooldridge" <jwo### [at] attbicom> wrote in message
> > Every time I start POV-Ray, and go to render a file, a dialog box comes
up
> > asking "Do you wish to save This file, All Files, No Files? [x]-always "
> >
> > I check save always option, and yet it forgets this setting between
runs,
> > and I have to do it again, every time.
> >
> > Could you please save this setting somewhere more permanent?
> > Thanks

Post a reply to this message

"Philippe Debar" <phd### [at] belgacomnet> wrote in message
> IIRC It's not a bug, it's a feature. And older Pov behaved exactly the
same
> way.

Clicking on a box that says "Don't ask again" should result in not being
asked again. It fails to perform as advertised. So IMHO it is a bug, not a
feature: An old bug, yes, but an old bug is still a bug.

Isn't this what testing is all about?

Post a reply to this message