POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Save Always = for now : Re: Save Always = for now Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:13:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Save Always = for now
From: Philippe Debar
Date: 15 Jun 2002 19:24:34
Message: <3d0bccb2@news.povray.org>
"Jonathan Wooldridge" <jwo### [at] attbicom> wrote in message
> Clicking on a box that says "Don't ask again" should result in not being
> asked again. It fails to perform as advertised. So IMHO it is a bug, not a
> feature: An old bug, yes, but an old bug is still a bug.
>
> Isn't this what testing is all about?

You are not asked again while the program is running. It does perform as
advertised. There is more than one way to interpret the dialog box's text.

IIRC, it is not a bug, it is a design decision that was discussed at length
somewhere and some when in these newsgroups. Gnnnnn ! I began downloading
all of the 35910 messages in p.general to find the thread... but I just
calculated this download will complete in around 8 hours, so I'll just post
this now. (I am not even sure it was in p.gen...)

Povingly,

Philippe