POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Filling in T values in splines Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Filling in T values in splines (Message 1 to 10 of 39)
From: Rune
Subject: Filling in T values in splines
Date: 23 Feb 2002 21:13:53
Message: <3c784c61@news.povray.org>
As Warp has pointed out, it would be convenient if one was not forced to
specify T values for all the control points in a spline. I've tried making a
macro which fill in the missing T values. It takes an array as input.

But I had forgotten that arrays do not allow abbreviating vectors as floats,
as it is allowed almost everywhere else in POV-Ray. So the syntax is uglier
than what I had hoped. The idea is that specified T values are multiplied
with y, while unspecified T values are marked with an x. See below.

My question is - is the below syntax too ugly or would it be acceptable for
a macro included in the POV-Ray distribution?

#declare SplineArray =
array[7*2] {
   0.0*y, <0,1,2>,
       x, <1,5,0>,