POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Viewing of Animations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Viewing of Animations (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: David Parrott
Subject: Viewing of Animations
Date: 14 Nov 1999 18:14:47
Message: <yFbLAJA0UwL4IweE@quayles1.demon.co.uk>
Heya all,
    Is there a free bit of software that will show .AVI's and .MPEG's
with some options, that will run on a 486 dx33.  By options I mean to
select things like looping.  I am currently limited to windows media
player, which does all right but I cannot loop animations.
--__    __
 |  |  |  | ___  _    _  ___
  \  \/  / |__ \| \/\/ ||__ \    Email: xam### [at] quayles1demoncouk
   >    <  / _  |      |/ _  |     ICQ: 13313977
  /  /\  \| |_| | |\/| | |_| | Website: <Temporarily Removed>
 |__|  |__|\__,_|_|  |_|\__,_|
           Hobbies: C programming, Raytracing, MUDding

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Viewing of Animations
Date: 14 Nov 1999 22:46:35
Message: <382F7FCC.D9933F58@pacbell.net>
David Parrott wrote:

> Heya all,
>     Is there a free bit of software that will show .AVI's and .MPEG's
> with some options, that will run on a 486 dx33.  By options I mean to
> select things like looping.  I am currently limited to windows media
> player, which does all right but I cannot loop animations.

There are so many avi and mpg video players that I have never even bothered
bookmarking them. They infest the net like cockroaches. I would suggest you
try some of the big super free/share ware sites like ZDNet, winsite.com, or
cdrom.com and do a search with their search engines for mpeg or avi. You will
get many possible options and can shoose the one that best suits your needs.

http://www.winsite.com/

http://www.zdnet.com/swlib/

From: omniVERSE
Date: 14 Nov 1999 23:02:59
Message: <382f85f3@news.povray.org>
For a great all-round solution try Display, it can be found through Kens
links or the www.povray.org links (search).
It does more than just play Mpeg and Avi, with many options.
The worst thing about it is it's for using though DOS although I've managed
to use it okay with a shortcut to it (and with no looping stop-action!).
The configuration file may need some setting up. Had a video change here and
it tells me somethings wrong with setup but ignoring it I can still use it
fine. (reminds me I need to check into that)

Bob

From: omniVERSE
Date: 15 Nov 1999 16:46:45
Message: <38307f45@news.povray.org>
Um, forget about the playing Avi files part I had said, sorry.  Got it in my
mind it could do most anything I guess : )  As a matter of fact it won't
play all Mpeg files either apparently, and no Mov files.  Although there
does seem to be ability to call out to another player I believe (just not
sure about it).

Bob