POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Re-rendering animations in 720p Server Time: 20 Jun 2019 19:13:18 GMT
  Re-rendering animations in 720p (Message 1 to 8 of 8)  
From: HenryW
Subject: Re-rendering animations in 720p
Date: 11 Oct 2012 16:50:00
Message: <web.5076f78fab6dc735c69dc6290@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've been away from POV-Ray for a few years, but getting back into it. I have
started re-rendering my earlier animations in 1280x720, assembling in ffmpeg,
and uploading to:

https://vimeo.com/channels/402842

Lots more still be be rendered.

Henry


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Re-rendering animations in 720p
Date: 11 Oct 2012 19:16:20
Message: <50771b04$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/10/2012 5:45 PM, HenryW wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been away from POV-Ray for a few years, but getting back into it. I have
> started re-rendering my earlier animations in 1280x720, assembling in ffmpeg,
> and uploading to:
>
> https://vimeo.com/channels/402842
>
> Lots more still be be rendered.
>
I like it, Henry. But I think that it would be more impressive if the 
rotation were slower. It revolves too fast for my eyes to take in the 
detail.


-- 
Regards
     Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: Re-rendering animations in 720p
Date: 11 Oct 2012 20:00:56
Message: <50772578$1@news.povray.org>
HenryW wrote:

> https://vimeo.com/channels/402842

Nice.

In case you also rerender you crowd scenes, I think they would
gain a lot from better proportions of your pov people (wider torso,
larger head, slighly thicker arms, legs *under* torso!). The
distance shots look good already.


Post a reply to this message

From: HenryW
Subject: Re: Re-rendering animations in 720p
Date: 12 Oct 2012 05:00:08
Message: <web.5077a3b2c512791bc69dc6290@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin <chr### [at] chrfrde> wrote:
> HenryW wrote:
>
> > https://vimeo.com/channels/402842
>
> Nice.
>
> In case you also rerender you crowd scenes, I think they would
> gain a lot from better proportions of your pov people (wider torso,
> larger head, slighly thicker arms, legs *under* torso!). The
> distance shots look good already.

It's fun playing around with the people dimensions and getting the random logic
correct. Thanks for the suggests, I'll keep tweaking them. I need to work on the
positioning logic, a few of them are standing on top of each other. Is there a
way in POV to find out if an object occupies a point in space, so another random
spot could be generated?


Post a reply to this message

From: HenryW
Subject: Re: Re-rendering animations in 720p
Date: 12 Oct 2012 05:05:08
Message: <web.5077a3f4c512791bc69dc6290@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 11/10/2012 5:45 PM, HenryW wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been away from POV-Ray for a few years, but getting back into it. I have
> > started re-rendering my earlier animations in 1280x720, assembling in ffmpeg,
> > and uploading to:
> >
> > https://vimeo.com/channels/402842
> >
> > Lots more still be be rendered.
> >
> I like it, Henry. But I think that it would be more impressive if the
> rotation were slower. It revolves too fast for my eyes to take in the
> detail.

Thanks for the suggestion Stephen. I does spin too fast. I will render another
version with a slower spin.


Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: Re-rendering animations in 720p
Date: 12 Oct 2012 20:17:38
Message: <50787ae2@news.povray.org>
HenryW wrote:

> It's fun playing around with the people dimensions and getting the random logic
> correct. Thanks for the suggests, I'll keep tweaking them. I need to work on the
> positioning logic, a few of them are standing on top of each other. Is there a
> way in POV to find out if an object occupies a point in space, so another random
> spot could be generated?

yes, have a look at the trace() function


Post a reply to this message

From: Leroy
Subject: Re: Re-rendering animations in 720p
Date: 23 Oct 2012 17:30:31
Message: <5086d437@news.povray.org>
or try inside(O,V) It returns either 0.0, when the vector V is outside 
the object, specified by the object-identifier O, or 1.0 if it is inside.


Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Subject: Re: Re-rendering animations in 720p
Date: 11 Dec 2012 12:20:00
Message: <web.50c724b6c512791bc2d977c20@news.povray.org>
Leroy <lrw### [at] joplincom> wrote:
> or try inside(O,V) It returns either 0.0, when the vector V is outside
> the object, specified by the object-identifier O, or 1.0 if it is inside.

That's a neat trick I didn't know of. (And using trace() along with it.) I'll
assume that inside() looks at the bounding-box or bounding volume of the object.
Thanks for the tip. I need to experiment, to find the proper methodology for
using it in a #while loop.


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.