POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : can't make static starfield, it keeps shifting Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:05:58 EDT (-0400)
  can't make static starfield, it keeps shifting (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: Christian Froeschlin
Subject: Re: can't make static starfield, it keeps shifting
Date: 19 Oct 2010 05:20:28
Message: <4cbd62dc@news.povray.org>
Florin Andrei wrote:

> But the stars are still twinkling a lot:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29966/povray/from_mars.mp4
>
> I find it surprising that such a seemingly simple task (use a static bitmap as a
> fixed background in an animation) is so hard to accomplish. Is there no way to
> do that within povray?

Have you looked at the actually rendered frames? I think
you may be seeing artefacts from mp4 compression. Many codecs
don't really like artifical images and tiny sharp dots. Also,
does the animation really use a resolution of 1920x1080? If
not, you also have some scaling done by the converter.

Note that you should render without jitter (command line -J)
for animations, although it doesn't seem to do much here.

Post a reply to this message