POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : can't make static starfield, it keeps shifting : Re: can't make static starfield, it keeps shifting Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:02:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: can't make static starfield, it keeps shifting
From: Florin Andrei
Date: 19 Oct 2010 15:50:01
Message: <web.4cbdf6632d8aa957411a7fb0@news.povray.org>
Here are the first 10 PNG frames (all 300 frames are like 30MB, and the first 10
are sufficient to demonstrate the problem):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29966/povray/from_mars.zip

You can move through them with an image viewer. The stars appearing and
disappearing between frames are clearly visible.

I am using povray 3.6.1 on Ubuntu Linux 10.04 32bit. The command line was:

povray from_mars.pov +W1920 +H1080 -visual DirectColor +A0.1 +AM2

How is my system different from yours that causes flickering here but not there?