POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How to animate ??????????????? Server Time
19 May 2024 11:39:58 EDT (-0400)
  How to animate ??????????????? (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: sitha
Subject: How to animate ???????????????
Date: 21 Nov 2006 01:40:00
Message: <web.45629ea4e8a9e27f4ac3566b0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I am working in simulation for building response during earthquake. Here
first I explain what type of data I have,
1. mesh data -vertex_vectors
2.texture data(displacement data) - texture_list
3.Elements data- face_indices

Now mesh and element data sets are fixed, but each time texture data is
going to change. Now what I did was made pov files for each texture data,
it means I created 1000 of POV files to visualize and then I made them into
bitmap file, then I made these bitmap files as video clip.

Is there anyway to create a pov file which can animate for changing texture
data?

Pls help me.........

Regards,
Sitha.

Post a reply to this message

> I am working in simulation for building response during earthquake. Here
> first I explain what type of data I have,
> 1. mesh data -vertex_vectors
> 2.texture data(displacement data) - texture_list
> 3.Elements data- face_indices
>
> Now mesh and element data sets are fixed, but each time texture data is
> going to change. Now what I did was made pov files for each texture data,
> it means I created 1000 of POV files to visualize and then I made them into
> bitmap file, then I made these bitmap files as video clip.
>
> Is there anyway to create a pov file which can animate for changing texture
> data?
>
> Pls help me.........
>
> Regards,
> Sitha.

You can use the File Queue see (1.5.7.6  File Queue) in the help document to
render a list of files. Or you can use the clock variable or frame_number
variable (3.2.1.3.6  Built-in Variables) to change your textures through
out your annimation.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message