POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Alive for POV Server Time
29 Jun 2024 09:49:17 EDT (-0400)
  Alive for POV (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: trp
Subject: Alive for POV
Date: 14 Nov 2005 00:30:00
Message: <web.43781fadd6ca8580af4bd6d30@news.povray.org>
Hello All,

I am creating a character animation front-end for POV-Ray. It allows the
user to define the skeletal structure of a character. You can then attach
POV objects. Action files define the movement of the bones. As the bones
move, the objects move.

Although I still have a lot left to do, I thought I would solicit some
input. Here is a link to an animated gif file. It shows a simple character
doing a walk cycle.

http://www.imagicproductions.com/Example/AnimTest.gif

The POV code that I used is in a zip file here.

http://www.imagicproductions.com/Example/AnimTest.zip

files are house keeping that clean up when more then one character is used

My Rodney Robot character is a little lame. I think things will be more
impressive when I add blobs. I could also spend more time tweaking the walk
action. But, what I would like you to look at is the way the files work. My

adjust the angle of the joints. The actions can be combined. It uses the
POV clock so that the same shot can be rendered at 10, 15, 30 or whatever
fps without making any changes.

I welcome any comments, suggestions, criticisms, or witisisms. I thought I
might put the program out as a shareware application if there was any
interest. Let me know what you think.

Thank you for your time.
TRP

Post a reply to this message