POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : POV Seems to Parse Everything for Every Frame Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  POV Seems to Parse Everything for Every Frame (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Bret
Subject: POV Seems to Parse Everything for Every Frame
Date: 13 May 2004 19:20:01
Message: <web.40a4021df8bc680b6ea6436d0@news.povray.org>
I'm currently running an animation that (so far) has taken 23 hours to parse
and 1.5 hours to render.  It seems to be parsing everything for every
frame.  Is there anyway to convince POV to just read the files in once?

Post a reply to this message

> I'm currently running an animation that (so far) has taken 23 hours to parse
> and 1.5 hours to render.  It seems to be parsing everything for every
> frame.  Is there anyway to convince POV to just read the files in once?

  Nope.

  At least the old MegaPOV has persistent variables which could be used
for this purpose, so you should take a look at that.