POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : POV Seems to Parse Everything for Every Frame : Re: POV Seems to Parse Everything for Every Frame Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:28:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Seems to Parse Everything for Every Frame
From: ABX
Date: 14 May 2004 03:55:08
Message: <1ju8a05k3mbhopkl24ulu2396kfmkhk75o@4ax.com>
On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:17:49 EDT, "Bret" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I'm currently running an animation that (so far) has taken 23 hours to parse
> and 1.5 hours to render.  It seems to be parsing everything for every
> frame.  Is there anyway to convince POV to just read the files in once?

Not in general, but it's possible that you can prepare your data for renderer
yourself. Does parsing mean reading file with pure objects (large meshes,
unions of objects etc, etc) or is there some programming like conditions,
loops, macros ? If yes you can think about rewriting your scene generation
from POV-SDL to some other language which can make it better. Specific
solution depends on your programming experience and content of your scene.

There are also other technics which can work in your case like ignoring
objects which are outside of visible space, variation of details depending on
distance to camera, etc, etc.

ABX