POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : CMPG new version Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  CMPG new version (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Sander
Subject: CMPG new version
Date: 19 Feb 2000 16:32:35
Message: <38af0bf3@news.povray.org>
The new version of the CMPG frontend for CMPEG :

- handles long file names;
- the batch file can be edited;
- now also has the Xing option;
- and has a doc added.

It is located at http://stols.net .
Since english is not my 1st language, I am prepared to accept your help to
make the doc readable :-)

--
Regards,
Sander

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: CMPG new version
Date: 19 Feb 2000 20:05:45
Message: <38af3de9@news.povray.org>
I think the documentation is as good or better than others I've seen, so I
wouldn't worry about it.  I noticed two typos though, and possibly a couple
other things to think of changing but it's so minor it's not worth mentioning...
however I will anyhow, as follows:

An animation of the MPEG-1 type can be made starting from a series of
uncompressed TGA images using the encoding* {was compression} utility CMPEG.

---snip---

C.
You have to input the various filenames (complete paths) that take part in the
process of encoding.* {colon to period} The 3 files named* {was names} above:*
{semicolon to colon}
 the frame list* {removed semicolon}  --   8.3 type filename
 the batch file* {removed semicolon}   --   8.3 type filename
 the mpg file* {removed period}     --   8.3 type filename

D.
The various *options {was opions} that are required or necessary for CMPEG must
then be
chosen:
 textual output v
 cost function d
 block matching m
 frame rate  f
 Xing compression x* {removed the period}
For details see Eckart's documentation. These options are easily set in the
WFE; the defaults are good starting values.

---snipped again---

See? Nothing hardly at all.  The readablity and understandability seemed fine
enough besides.
A trial run of the WFE CMPG went flawlessly.  Thanks once again.

Bob

"Sander" <san### [at] stolscom> wrote in message news:38af0bf3@news.povray.org...
| The new version of the CMPG frontend for CMPEG :
|
| - handles long file names;
| - the batch file can be edited;
| - now also has the Xing option;
| - and has a doc added.
|
| It is located at http://stols.net .
| Since english is not my 1st language, I am prepared to accept your help to
| make the doc readable :-)
|
| --
| Regards,
| Sander