POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : CMPG new version : Re: CMPG new version Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CMPG new version
From: Steve
Date: 21 Feb 2000 17:48:20
Message: <slrn8b10lg.g9g.sjlen@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 18:28:54 +0200, Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote:
>On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 11:00:57 +0100, "Sander" <san### [at] stolscom> wrote:
>
>>Steve,
>>
>>I have to disappoint you: there is no one I know in the wide neighbourhood
>>who could lend me the tools to do that!
>
>Sander,
>
>are you using standard MFC controls in that application? If so,
>chances are very good it will run under Wine. Hey, POV-Ray for Windows
>can do it, so Steve, why not give Wine a try?

I deleted windows, and don't really want to use windows stuff.
I am considering writing an editor that does similar things to
the POV editor for windows, ie, lets you mark text by holding
down the shift key while moving the arrow keys.  If I do it it
won't be GUI, but will run in a terminal window, and will have
a hotkey that lets you render the file that's currently open.

Vi and emax are an apsilute pig, cooledit is too bulky and it's
GUI is a bit horrible, (no straight forward exit option on the
menus etc), any other editors I've looked at don't have the Shift
marking facility or are variations on vi.  Why isn't there a decent
editor for Unix that has these simple features?

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:sjl### [at] ndirectcouk

web http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~sjlen/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

 11:41pm  up 6 days, 10:44,  5 users,  load average: 1.38, 1.31, 1.21