POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animated river using Liquid Spray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:10 EDT (-0400)
  Animated river using Liquid Spray? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Jim Bufalo
Subject: Animated river using Liquid Spray?
Date: 1 Dec 2000 11:42:17
Message: <hjlf2tk60ncird8da3k06hrfjqg01bkicp@4ax.com>
I'm trying to create a meandering stream using Chris Colefax's
Liquid Spray. It will start from a point and follow a roughly sine
wave-shaped course as the animation progresses.
	I've tried adjusting some of the displacement vectors and
variables in SprayG.inc but without any success. Does anybody have any
ideas as to how I can accomplish this?

   Thanks,
   Jim Bufalo

Post a reply to this message

>         I'm trying to create a meandering stream using Chris Colefax's
> Liquid Spray. It will start from a point and follow a roughly sine
> wave-shaped course as the animation progresses.
>         I've tried adjusting some of the displacement vectors and
> variables in SprayG.inc but without any success. Does anybody have any
> ideas as to how I can accomplish this?
>
>    Thanks,
>    Jim Bufalo

I did not do anything with 'Liquid Spray' recently, but IIRC you an only
use planes to limit the area of the particles.  Of course you could try to
modify the macros for using other shapes like heightfields with megapov's
'trace'.

There is also Chris Huff's megapov plus with the particle system patch,
but i did not yet see anything using it for water simulation.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>