POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animated river using Liquid Spray? : Re: Animated river using Liquid Spray? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated river using Liquid Spray?
From: Jim Bufalo
Date: 3 Dec 2000 22:55:43
Message: <016m2t8blhc69p2b8a0lihhkko2c05ia3a@4ax.com>
On Sat, 2 Dec 2000 13:47:23 +1000, "Chris Colefax"
<chr### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>Jim Bufalo <val### [at] worldnetattnet> wrote:
>> I'm trying to create a meandering stream using Chris Colefax's
>> Liquid Spray. It will start from a point and follow a roughly sine
>> wave-shaped course as the animation progresses.
>> I've tried adjusting some of the displacement vectors and
>> variables in SprayG.inc but without any success. Does anybody have any
>> ideas as to how I can accomplish this?
>
>... to create what you describe it might be
>best to program your own, specific system.
>
>Given that you know that path you want the particles to take, it should be
>quite easy to use a while loop that places blob components along the path at
>intervals based on the clock value.  If you post a few details about the
>exact path, and the desired behaviour of the particles (e.g. evaporation and
>other features similar to the Liquid Spray) I'd be happy to look at devising
>some suitable code...

   Thanks Chris. Yes, I can see that it will be relatively simple to
vary the (for example) x-axis location of a given particle (or group)
from -1.0 to 1.0 (scaled suitably) as the stream progresses down the
z-axis and the clock counts off, using the sine function.

   I want to give the sense of the stream flowing along this path
behind the leading edge of the "water", which may take some more
doing. I also intend to incorporate evaporation of individual
particles, but I can see how to do that from your code (_SP_psize *
(pow(1 - (_SP_time / _SP_tscale / _SP_plife), evaporate) + .01).

   Jim Bufalo