POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Clipped_by slows rendering time Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:05 EDT (-0400)
  Clipped_by slows rendering time (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: mihm17
Subject: Clipped_by slows rendering time
Date: 15 Jan 2001 09:47:50
Message: <3A630D89.98BE93E9@yogi.unibas.ch>
Hi,

does anyone have an answer to help me out here ?

I am trying to render an animation of the surface of a biological
molecule, which is composed of thousands of triangles.
The rendering of such an animation takes a few minutes per frame.

I would now like to cut the molecule half-open to see the interior,
while it rotates. If I introduce a

command, the rendering time decays to about 12 hours per frame.
The same slowdown happens, when I use the difference command.

Does anybody know how to speed this up ?

Thanks,

Hen### [at] unibasch

Post a reply to this message