POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : frame increment >1? Server Time
2 May 2024 11:58:33 EDT (-0400)
  frame increment >1? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: frame increment >1?
Date: 7 Mar 2007 08:02:29
Message: <45eeb7e5@news.povray.org>
I want to do a rough step-through of a long animation.  I'd like to render
every tenth frame and keep the Final_Frame the same, as I know some things
will get messed up.

I thought there was a command for making the clock increment larger than
that otherwise calculated, but couldn't find it in the docs.

Anything like this exist?

Post a reply to this message

"Greg M. Johnson" <pte### [at] thecommononethatstartswithYcom> wrote:
> I want to do a rough step-through of a long animation.  I'd like to render
> every tenth frame and keep the Final_Frame the same, as I know some things
> will get messed up.
>
> I thought there was a command for making the clock increment larger than
> that otherwise calculated, but couldn't find it in the docs.
>
> Anything like this exist?

You could use the render queue to render a series of ini files with

1.ini
Subset_Start_Frame=1
Subset_End_Frame=1

2.ini