POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : frame increment >1? : Re: frame increment >1? Server Time
18 May 2024 19:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: frame increment >1?
From: Warp
Date: 7 Mar 2007 09:21:35
Message: <45eeca6f@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson <pte### [at] thecommononethatstartswithycom> wrote:
> I want to do a rough step-through of a long animation.  I'd like to render
> every tenth frame and keep the Final_Frame the same, as I know some things
> will get messed up.

> I thought there was a command for making the clock increment larger than
> that otherwise calculated, but couldn't find it in the docs.

  The 'clock' always goes from 0 to 1. It's the number of frames which
decides the size of the increments. Thus using 'clock' with that in mind
will always scale the animation to the number of frames, so if you want
to eg. just render each 10th frame just divide the number of frames by 10.

  However, if you are using 'frame_number' in your scene, then it won't
work. 'frame_number' doesn't scale, it's the absolute frame being rendered.

--
                                                          - Warp