POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : animations broken up Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:27:59 EDT (-0400)
  animations broken up (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Marton Fabo
Subject: animations broken up
Date: 7 Mar 2004 16:44:21
Message: <404b97b5$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I'm actually not an experienced PovRay user neither a modeler/animator
in general.

My question is, however, that if I have an animated scene, then invoking
PovRay separately for each and every frame results (or is it possible to
result) in anything different from when I invoke PR for the whole
animation once. I understand that when I invoke PR to render a single
frame split up into multiple parts, then there may be artifacts at the
edges of the parts due to anti-aliasing and similar effects. That's why
I'm asking about splitting up animations - wondering whether there are
algorithms in PR that imply that the whole animation is computed in one
pass.

Are there any serious performance implications of such plit computing?

thx
mortee

Post a reply to this message