POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : animations broken up : animations broken up Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  animations broken up
From: Marton Fabo
Date: 7 Mar 2004 16:44:21
Message: <404b97b5$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I'm actually not an experienced PovRay user neither a modeler/animator
in general.

My question is, however, that if I have an animated scene, then invoking
PovRay separately for each and every frame results (or is it possible to
result) in anything different from when I invoke PR for the whole
animation once. I understand that when I invoke PR to render a single
frame split up into multiple parts, then there may be artifacts at the
edges of the parts due to anti-aliasing and similar effects. That's why
I'm asking about splitting up animations - wondering whether there are
algorithms in PR that imply that the whole animation is computed in one
pass.

Are there any serious performance implications of such plit computing?

thx
mortee