POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Field rendering with anti-aliasing Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:36:07 EDT (-0400)
  Field rendering with anti-aliasing (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: PovRAY
Subject: Field rendering with anti-aliasing
Date: 28 Apr 2002 18:02:10
Message: <3ccc7162@news.povray.org>
I've just completed the rendering of a cyclical animation which took several
days to complete. As the output is to be for television I switched on
povray's field rendering and also antialiasing.

I was expecting to see each generated image having sets of duplicated
consective lines which happens with field rendering when antialiasing is
switched off (i.e. line 1 and 2 identical, 3 and 4 identical, etc...).

However with antialising switched on, I was surpised to see every line was
uniquely different. And zooming into an image I can see that each line is
antialiased, but when viewed in total the image looks pixelated as if there
was little of no antialiasing present. I suspect that the antialiasing with
field rendering is not working "correctly" - perhaps a bug?

Is there anyone who knows how povray is supposed to perform antialiasing
when field rendering is switched on?

Thanks

Colin

Post a reply to this message