POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Field rendering with anti-aliasing : Re: Field rendering with anti-aliasing Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:58:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Field rendering with anti-aliasing
From: PovRAY
Date: 2 May 2002 18:36:57
Message: <3cd1bf89@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the quick response Jerry. Yes I agree that it is saving some time
by not anti-aliasing the unused lines.

I had a closer look and although the anti-aliasing is done by shooting extra
rays through the pixels on each "used" line, it first needs to decide
whether a particular pixel actually needs to be anti-aliased in the first
place. It does this by comparing the calculated colour of the pixel with its
neighbour to the left and ABOVE! Thus it needs to know the colour of the
pixel on the "unused" line above, but it seems that it doesn't actually use
the neighbouring pixels to perform the anti-aliasing itself.

Colin

news:jer### [at] netplexaussieorg...