POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Overview about animation generation with povray Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Overview about animation generation with povray (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Martin Trautmann
Subject: Overview about animation generation with povray
Date: 26 Apr 2002 12:48:52
Message: <3CC9851E.5070205@gmx.de>
Hi,

We are developing an animation program for PovRAY for three years.
It has a quite powerful core that can interprete very different types of
input, but the concrete functionality has to be improved. We will
announce it when it has more useful functions.

Now I am interested in the currently common ways of generating povray
animations. (clock variable, pov3.5 macros, other macros, external
programs, Modellers with keyframing, ... ?)

What ways are currently used?
Which ones would you use for a quite complex film perhaps for the IRTC?

bye

Martin Trautmann

Post a reply to this message

I used my Tweener program for my winning IRTC entry.  Not very
sophisticated, but it worked.  It took MORAY outputted script
files and parsed them.  I used Moray to set up my "keyframes"
(posing the characters, camera, lights, spline paths, etc) and
then Tweener to in-between them for me.  It worked for Polyray,
but POV and Polyray were VERY similar in their scripts.

-peter

--
Modeling slave for:
"Ballet pour ma fille."

Post a reply to this message

Chris Colefax has provided tools that I have used in all of my recent
animations. These are typically 9 - 10 minute works that are done
exclusively in POVray. None of this work would have been possible without
his outstanding macros. I presume you will include that functionality?
DM
news:3CC### [at] gmxde...