POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : animations to video Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:37 EDT (-0400)
  animations to video (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Randolph Robnett
Subject: animations to video
Date: 12 Feb 2001 15:17:00
Message: <3a8844bc@news.povray.org>
If this quetion is out of the scope of this group I appologize.

    I recently discovered that I could put my animations on CDs as
Video-CDs. I made 3 animations on seperate CDs and they played great on my
PC DVD player. When I tried to play them on a friends home DVD player (It
held 5 DVDs at a time) only one of them could be read by the DVD player.
Upon further investigation I found that I had mistakenly put one of the
animations on a CD-RW. The point is that CD-RW is the one that the player
was able to read. I have since learned that most home DVD player will not
read  CD-Rs.
    My question is. Has anybody else had any experience with this? Is this
unusual, or is this because of the way CD-RW discs are made? and should I
wory about it ruining my CD-RWs.
    By the way the DVD player also played audio CDs copied on CD-RWs.
                                               Stumped and curious
                                                    Randy
PS: Even a point in the right direction would be helpful!! THANKS.

Post a reply to this message