POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Rotating earth SPECIAL VERSION Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:31:40 EDT (-0400)
  Rotating earth SPECIAL VERSION (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: A  Jans-Beken
Subject: Rotating earth SPECIAL VERSION
Date: 2 Mar 2000 18:13:41
Message: <38BF75C8.78D36056@wxs.nl>
I want to make an animation of a rotating earth, with some extra's:

Somewhere on the net I found high-res pictures of the earth "by day" and
"by night". My idea is to combine these pictures on one rotating sphere.

In my opinion, this is not a trivial task. Has someone experience with
this? How can I set this up?

Please send your answer and/or comments to my e-mail adress
jan### [at] wxsnl

Post a reply to this message

If I were to do this I would paste the two pictures together using picture
editing software.

Mike

"A. Jans-Beken" <jan### [at] wxsnl> wrote in message
> I want to make an animation of a rotating earth, with some extra's:
>
> Somewhere on the net I found high-res pictures of the earth "by day" and
> "by night". My idea is to combine these pictures on one rotating sphere.
>
> In my opinion, this is not a trivial task. Has someone experience with
> this? How can I set this up?
>
> Please send your answer and/or comments to my e-mail adress
> jan### [at] wxsnl

Post a reply to this message