POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Rotating earth SPECIAL VERSION : Re: Rotating earth SPECIAL VERSION Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotating earth SPECIAL VERSION
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 3 Mar 2000 11:58:17
Message: <38bfef29@news.povray.org>
"Nieminen Juha" <war### [at] sarakerttunencstutfi> wrote in message
|   You could use a gradient texture map. On one side of the sphere is one of
| the image maps and on the other is the other image map. A small area between
| then could fade from one to other.

I emailed this same thing as an easy way last night but having since tried it
out it doesn't appear to be a plausible way to go.  The other way I had said was
how I had actually done it before by using layered textures and two spheres.
The problem in the texture_map method is with the map_type needing to be
spherical and when placing the gradient texture_map of the two images onto the
sphere they no longer fit right.

Bob