POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : instant appearance Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  instant appearance (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Rick Adams
Subject: instant appearance
Date: 18 Apr 2000 12:54:26
Message: <benboomREMOVE_THIS_PART-C83EF9.09511318042000@news.povray.org>
I am wondering how to go about having an object appear instantly in a
POV animation. Specifically, I am working with moving light sources
(death rays, as it happens :-) that appear at the snout of a ray gun and
then fly off. Currently I am using some really inelegant ways of doing
this, such as putting them really far away then translating them into

ground, but there must be a better way.

Thanks,

RA

Post a reply to this message

"Rick Adams" <ben### [at] xprtnet> wrote in message
> I am wondering how to go about having an object appear instantly in a
> POV animation. Specifically, I am working with moving light sources
> (death rays, as it happens :-) that appear at the snout of a ray gun and
> then fly off. Currently I am using some really inelegant ways of doing
> this, such as putting them really far away then translating them into

> ground, but there must be a better way.
>

> Thanks,
>
> RA

Post a reply to this message