POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Good MPEG results? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Good MPEG results? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Richard
Subject: Good MPEG results?
Date: 12 Feb 2000 22:03:20
Message: <38A64A19.148AFC65@mindspring.com>
So far I have tried CMPEG, DVMPEG, and AVI2MPG1 all with poor results --
graininess is my main problem -- like looking at a highly compressed
JPEG image.  Is there something I am doing wrong, or is it the software,
are my animation frames poor candidates for MPEG, or is it a combination
of these things.  Just wondering if anyone can help me with this or
possibly direct me to a good (freeware or shareware, preferably)
compressing program -- one that produces results like OmniVerse's
Martian Dust Storm animation.  Thanks.

Post a reply to this message