POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Mpeg2 encoder found Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Mpeg2 encoder found (Message 31 to 36 of 36)
From: Steve Martin
Subject: Re: Mpeg2 encoder found
Date: 20 Dec 1999 19:48:05
Message: <385ECDFD.639E5B23@usit.net>
Dick Balaska wrote:

> I like the Berkeley encoder.  I think it produces pretty good mpegs,
> and they are much much smaller than the likes of cmpeg.  Bummer that
> it doesn't produce mpeg-2s.
>
> Here's the settings i used on one run:

Thanks, Dick. I'll give these a try. I don't know much about this
program, but I'm learning.

I likewise would like to produce some mpeg-2 files, but that's
another fight.

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Martin
Date: 20 Dec 1999 19:52:38
Message: <385ECF0D.C595006F@usit.net>
Ken wrote:

> Steve Martin wrote:
> >

> > Just for the sake of those (like me) whose NG server seems to have
> > dropped some messages, can you tell me what site you're talking
> > about?

> You NG server has nothing to do with it.

DOH! Well, of course it doesn't. Forgive the cranial-rectal inversion...
was thinking about my ISP when I wrote that.

> You most likely have an expiration
> time set for news group articles in your news reader program.

Thanks for the tip. I made a change in my configuration that
(hopefully) will mean that I won't miss any more messages.

Post a reply to this message