POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Mpeg2 encoder found : Re: Mpeg2 encoder found Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mpeg2 encoder found
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 25 Jan 2000 11:57:02
Message: <388DD6FA.122DA78C@geocities.com>
Since the horizontal is not discrete and is contained in an analog signal, you
can have just about as many horizontal pixels as you want. 640x480 will give you
square pixels, but 768 will match the signal a little cleaner.

Also, 768x576 at 25 frames per second is really two 768x288 fields per frame, and
thus 768x288 x 50 fields per second. One field has all the odd scan-lines, the
next field has all the even scan-lines. Then you also get into the problem of
field-major (?) or field-minor, where you need to figure out which to send first,
the odd field or the even field. Also, I'm not sure, but I seem to recal that VHS
just records one field of two, but don't hold me to that without checking.

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.