POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Mpeg2 encoder found : Re: Mpeg2 encoder found Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mpeg2 encoder found
From: Anthony C  D'Agostino
Date: 9 Jan 2000 16:33:28
Message: <3878fea8@news.povray.org>
In order to change the quality or file size when using the Berkeley
encoder, you must change the three Q-scale values.

For example,
    IQSCALE    4
    PQSCALE    8
    BQSCALE    8
will get you results that are closer to those of CMPEG.  Using a value of 1
for all three will result in high quality and large size.  Using 31 for all
three results in very low quality and small size.

I've also noticed that, given the same parameters, the dos port produces
lower quality files than the Linux version.

--
Anthony C. D'Agostino - BMRT and POVRay Galleries
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/scorpius